On-demand Food Delivery For Good!
rescueBite is an anti-food-waste on-demand food delivery service based in Africa. Our PURPOSE is to make food affordable and accessible by fighting food waste so that we can end hunger and preserve the environment.
We empower consumers and local food businesses such as restaurants, bakeries, butcheries, caterers, hotel kitchens, supermarkets, distributors, suppliers, manufacturers and fresh producers of all sizes!
How did we come about?
Food waste is such a dumb problem to have for a developing continent! South Africa alone wastes +10 million tonnes of food a year, yet +11 million South Africans face food insecurity. We saw a gap in the market for local and youth participation in the anti-food-waste on-demand food delivery arena - whose primary objective is to empower the consumer and support local food businesses in making food affordable and accessible by fighting food waste so that we can end hunger and preserve the environment.
We believe in
shared growth, which is why the rescueBite platform enables food businesses to sell their kitchen leftovers or surplus food, obsolete stock and food nearing sell-by-dates at massive discounts, and at no commission or service fees, thus helping fight food waste, reduce landfill waste emissions and fight food insecurity and hunger!
- We are customer obsessed!
- We are for the growth of local food businesses!
- Customers buy fresh edible Rescued Bites at up to 80% discounts and all other food items at in-store menu prices!
- Zero commission fees, Zero service fees!
- Easy ordering. Quick deliveries. Quick customer service. Convenience!
- Doing the ethical thing of preventing food waste and protecting our climate by reducing greenhouse emissions from landfills!